POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A New Crop of Tubs : Re: A New Crop of Tubs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A New Crop of Tubs
From: Jim Charter
Date: 4 Jan 2009 12:22:30
Message: <4960f056$1@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> Fresh for the picking.  This is along the lines I was originally intending to go
> with the tubs.
>
> See my DA gallery for a full size/quality 1680x1050 wallpaper version.
> http://barberofcivil.deviantart.com/art/Field-of-Tubs-108165915
>
> -tgq

Trevor, gotta be honest, this version feels transitional to me.  The
single, more realistic tub juxtaposed with parched soil had a stark
magic-realist, mystery for me.  The introduction of a further arbitrary
element, (color inventory and random arrangement,) seems more like
something borrowed from Gilles Tran, (I keep thinking Cadillacs.)
Somewhat like a G Tran scene it fills the mind with alternative
possibilities.  Tubs in mysterious monolithic arrangements, or
progessively sinking into the soil, colored tubs with colored splashes
underneath, tubs that progress from opaque to transparent, from ice to
steam,...

The stasis of the simpler version resisted such mental super-revving.
Here perhaps you are more involved with the catapulting progression of a
dream image.  While Dali was able to have it both ways, the fluidity of
dream images made crystaline, this image begs for completion.

-Jim