POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : top 2000 music : Re: top 2000 music Server Time
30 Sep 2024 11:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: top 2000 music
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jan 2009 12:06:19
Message: <4960ec8b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> it is time for youtube to do the same. Until they do, we have to treat
> anything there as illegal uploads.

Actually, thinking on it, there are an awful lot of places that use youtube
to serve their own content to the public, like
http://www.rhfleet.org/site/imax/animalopolis.cfm
does. So it's really far from clear how much of the commercial content is
actually illegal. It wouldn't surprise me to learn many of the rock videos
are actually uploaded by the artists to be linked from their own sites.

(That's an amusing video there, too.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?