POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : top 2000 music : Re: top 2000 music Server Time
30 Sep 2024 09:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: top 2000 music
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jan 2009 13:57:32
Message: <495fb51c$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> It is a way to look at it, but I think experience teaches that
> everything that was once on the net has a big chance of still being
> somewhere.

I've been rather surprised that some of my way-early code posts to netnews
are still floating around in archives somewhere. Almost embarrassing. :-)

> Besides if there is a copyright notice one could also add
> what is allowed to do with it and what not.

You could certainly try. In the USA (last I seriously studied it), copyright
only gives you control over copying, not over how it gets used. *And* even
that is limited in many ways.

> Never been there at all, but I can image the sort of place ;)

It has been in the news regularly, yes. And note that it doesn't actually
host any copyrighted materials. :-)

But certainly, you can take an absolute moral stance and refuse to look at
anything you aren't sure the copyright holder specifically authorized, if
you want.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)