POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 : Re: mesh2 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:09:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2
From: Wijnand Nijs
Date: 2 Jan 2009 17:25:59
Message: <495e9477$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B schreef:

> "Wijnand Nijs" <w.n### [at] alf4alldemonnl> wrote in message
>> A test with a mesh2 object for different outside (texture) and inside
>> (interior_texture) textures. The test to use the interrior_texture in
>> combination with a texture_list fails. Any idee?
>
> For interior_texture to be used POV-Ray requires a conventional texture
> statement to be added to the mesh2 object. This exterior texture is
> layered over the texture defined within the texture_list, so you can
> define a completely transparent texture and it'll use the texture from
> the texture list for the outside and the texture from the
> 'interior_texture' object modifier for the inside.
>
> Here's a simple testbed so you can play around with it:
>
> camera {location <0,0,-4> look_at 0}
> light_source {<-10,20,-10>, rgb 1}
>
> #declare MyMesh = mesh2 {
>  vertex_vectors {
>    4,
>    <-1,0,0>, <0,-1,0>, <1,0,0>, <0,1,0>
>  }
>  texture_list {
>    6,
>    texture { pigment {rgb <1,1,0>} },
>    texture { pigment {rgb <0,1,1>} },
>    texture { pigment {rgb <1,0,1>} },
>    texture { pigment {rgb <0,1,0>} },
>    texture { pigment {rgb <1,0,0>} },
>    texture { pigment {rgb <0,0,1>} }
>  }
>  face_indices {
>    2,
>    // vertex and texture_list indices
>    <0, 1, 2> ,0 , 1, 2,
>    <2, 3, 0> ,3 , 4, 5
>  }
> // Add a transparent exterior texture
>  texture {pigment {rgbt 1}}
> // Add a semi transparent grey interior texture
>  interior_texture {pigment {rgbt 0.5}}
> }
> // Draw a copy of the front and back side-by-side
> object {MyMesh translate -x}
> object {MyMesh rotate y*180 translate x}

The testbed explains a lots for me (thanks) but... I don't know if it is
the way I am play around, but when I declare a texture_list I can do
with the texture (f.e. leave it transparant) and interior_texture (f.e.
make it pigment {rgb <0,0,1>}) nothing helps. Or has it somthing to do
with the version (my version is: 3.6.1.msvc8.win64).