POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Jan 2009 13:10:44
Message: <495d0724$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Btw, out of curiosity, I downloaded the Thunderbird source code and
> searched for usage of floating point. There are quite a lot of 'float'
> and 'double' types used there, as well as many calls to the math.h library.

Funky. I'll have to take a look to see what they're doing. Back when
efficiency was more a concern, compilers would go out of their way to avoid
faster to draw lines with FP nowadays than to use Bresenham or something.

Now you have me curious. I'll have to pull down sendmail and apache and
subversion and etc to check. :-)  I suspect most of the FP has something to
do with the UI, but I might be wrong there.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)