POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Jan 2009 13:06:03
Message: <495d060b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   To parse CSS, where many values can be represented in decimal?

Thunderbird is email, but yes, granted, a lot of systems now have
interpreters for arbitrary code built in. And a lot of systems rely on other
systems (like the windowing system or HTML display modules) that might rely
on FP, so I guess you could say those would break if FP stopped working.

> Thunderbird most probably supports JavaScript, which in turn should
> support FP...

I also meant that I wondered how many javascript programs actually use FP
also. I've written programs for dozens of years, and I almost never use FP.
Most "business"-type programs don't use FP for anything.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)