POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Warp
Date: 31 Dec 2008 19:30:25
Message: <495c0ea1@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> > clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >> Duh. Any mention of such things as sin, cos, log or such? I don't see any.
> >
> >   I don't see them either, eg. here:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_instruction_listings#SIMD_instructions

> Why do you *expect* to see them?

  Because you said that, according to Intel, x87 is obsolete and all code
is recommended to use SSE instead. If that's true, then it would be a
rather large setback for programs requiring trigonometric and logarithmic
calculations, as they would have to be made in software.

  I really don't see how SSE obsoletes x87.

--
                                                          - Warp