POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? : Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Dec 2008 14:51:15
Message: <495bcd33$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Again, why would the tank even be in proximity to the transport system?
> It's just begging to spread the contamination around.

I take it you've never played the game.  OSHA[1] was clearly missing from
the equation.

There's one point in the level where you have to climb down a ladder thru
the blades of a giant fan, turn on the fan with the switch at the bottom of
the ladder, and try to climb back up thru the blades before they're spinning
fast enough to cut your head off.

It's a video game, after all.  No less unbelievable than an MIT PhD could
actually kill 3000 alien monsters and dozens of trained army soldiers, all
of which are looking for him.

> "If your destination is a high security sector, you will need to return
> to the entrance platform and board a high security train." IOW, you are
> *not* on a high security train. And even if you were, there's no reason
> for missles to be anywhere near such a convinient theft vector. :-P

Possibly. A "high security" sector may not be a "highly secret" sector,
mind. Hard to say what's on the rocket, if anything. It's not like space
museums don't leave real rockets lying around. How are you going to steal it?

[1] OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the US government
department in charge of enforcing safe workplace laws.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)