POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? : Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 31 Dec 2008 14:11:50
Message: <495bc3f6$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...a lake of radioactive slime? WHY would you build a monorail route
>> over the top of an open pit of radioactive slime?
>
> I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not, but it's a tank of waste
> that broke open. You meet it again later in the game, playing as another
> character. You can see there's a hole in the tank, tho.

Again, why would the tank even be in proximity to the transport system?
It's just begging to spread the contamination around.

>> Hell, why would you *have* a radioactive pit of smile in the first
>> place? Wait, why would you have radioactive slime at all? This is a
>> science facility, not a nuclear power plant. WTF?
>
> They have a nuclear power plant, actually. Or some sort of power plant,
> at least.

Well, perhaps. But seriously, they design these things to minimise the
possibility of exposure. The only possible explanation is that the game
designers wanted to show off how cool Black Mesa is. ;-)

>> ...why build a monorail through a missle silo? "Yeah, HIGH SECURITY.
>> It's part of the freakin' TOUR!"
>
> That's also part of the game. They launch satellites too. And the train
> you're on is a high-security train. :-)

"If your destination is a high security sector, you will need to return
to the entrance platform and board a high security train." IOW, you are
*not* on a high security train. And even if you were, there's no reason
for missles to be anywhere near such a convinient theft vector. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/