POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? : Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking? Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what's Gordon Freeman thinking?
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Dec 2008 11:45:37
Message: <495ba1b1$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> ...a lake of radioactive slime? WHY would you build a monorail route
> over the top of an open pit of radioactive slime?

I'm not sure if you're being facetious or not, but it's a tank of waste that
broke open. You meet it again later in the game, playing as another
character. You can see there's a hole in the tank, tho.

> Hell, why would you
> *have* a radioactive pit of smile in the first place? Wait, why would
> you have radioactive slime at all? This is a science facility, not a
> nuclear power plant. WTF?

They have a nuclear power plant, actually. Or some sort of power plant, at
least.

> ...why build a monorail through a missle silo? "Yeah, HIGH SECURITY.
> It's part of the freakin' TOUR!"

That's also part of the game. They launch satellites too. And the train
you're on is a high-security train. :-)

> I'm also laughing at the notion of "catching some hangtime on the
> electrified rails". ;-)

Part of the security system in the train, I imagine. ;-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)