POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Now that we are talking radiosity... : Now that we are talking radiosity... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Now that we are talking radiosity...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Dec 2008 03:57:19
Message: <4959e26f@news.povray.org>
This is a WIP scene that has remained in limbo for up to a year. In the mean
time, I had discussions about radiosity with Hildur Kolbrun, and now
recently through the work of Clipka the radiosity issue is alive again.

I decided to rerender the scene with what I had learned. This is the result.
I am rather satisfied, especially when compared with older renders. Lighting
is provided by an area_light and the ambient setting of the diffuser screen
below the ceiling. WinXP with MegaPov.

The radiosity settings used:
    radiosity {
      #if (MPov)
        adaptive 1
      #end
      brightness       1.0
      count            100
      error_bound      0.15
      gray_threshold   0.0
      low_error_factor 0.2
      minimum_reuse    0.015
      nearest_count    10
      recursion_limit  1
      adc_bailout      0.005
      max_sample       0.5
      media            off
      normal           off
      always_sample    1

      pretrace_start   0.08
      pretrace_end     0.005
    }

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'De Dulle Griet_12.jpg' (119 KB)

Preview of image 'De Dulle Griet_12.jpg'
De Dulle Griet_12.jpg