POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : top 2000 music : Re: top 2000 music Server Time
30 Sep 2024 03:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: top 2000 music
From: andrel
Date: 26 Dec 2008 13:30:34
Message: <49552325.90603@hotmail.com>
On 26-Dec-08 18:32, nemesis wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> 1 Queen                   Bohemian rhapsody
>
> Never understood its appeal.  Musically at least, it's bad,

says who? ;)

> like most pop/rock,
> except it doesn't even stand out like other Queen hits for instance.

Such as?

> Must be one of those songs which act like a hymn to a generation or something,
> with hidden messages or whatever...

When it came out in 1975 it changed the music scene. It may not be the
truly first but it was a long song, with lots of tempo changes and a
video that has become an icon. Effectively a sort of mini opera. Nobody
would have believed at the time that something like that could be a hit.
After that and because of it the music channels became viable.

Let me guess, you were born after 1970? If so you will never be able to
experience the shock. Just as I am not able to really understand why
Beethoven's fifth was so shocking at the time.

(BTW I don't have it in my collection and it would not have been my nr 1
choice but as a collective nr 1 it is well deserved)