POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainbow : Re: Rainbow Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Dec 2008 01:22:14
Message: <49547816$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Mike Hough schrieb:
> Well, I meant too long considering it was a test scene. I started out with
> POV-Ray for DOS on a 166mhz system, so I appreciate the processing power
> available these days.

I even started with Cyrix 80486 at 40 MHz... but back then, hardly any
CPU needed cooling fans, so the computer was quiet enough to sleep
beside it while rendering anything more complicated than a RSOCP (which,
by the way, I NEVER did during my early POV-Ray days in the 1990s!)!

> I did this final render of this scene and wasn't going to post it because I
> wasn't happy with it. It took 6d 9h 27m to render at 1920x1200.

Awesome! The mountains strongly remind me of the Hoggar mountains in
southern Algeria - where rainbows are extremely rare!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: She Knew Better (Munich)