POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rainbow : Re: Rainbow Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rainbow
From: Mike Hough
Date: 25 Dec 2008 08:56:29
Message: <4953910d$1@news.povray.org>
You've provided some very nice examples of what your include file can do.  I
agree that my colors are too bright. I think the problem with the angle of
the 'bows' is how I am determining the viewing and lighting angles. The
project has been abandoned for now but if I do revisit this I may take a
closer look at your implementation. The colors I used were just some values
I hard coded into the source.

Regarding the render times, it was the isosurface that slowed things down
along with two media containers; the one that comes with hf2iso and a box in
front of the camera that I included to simulate scattered rain. The
combination of several densities, scattering media, and isosurfaces really
slows things down, especially since for each intersection with the media it
has to check if any part of the isosurface is blocking the light.

I think that if you implemented your method in the emitting media in the
source it would speed up render times several fold.

-Mike