POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone Wall : Re: Stone Wall Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone Wall
From: Chris B
Date: 22 Dec 2008 11:30:50
Message: <494fc0ba$1@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote in message
> Ooooooo...   Very nice!

Thanks.

> I had a brick wall macro, but I was never entirely happy with the results.
> Mostly, what I didn't like was the fact that POV-Ray doesn't allow you to
> overlay textures. e.g. giving each brick a texture, then overlaying a
> semi-transparent texture on the entire wall.

You can overlay textures so long as the upper layers do have some
transparency. I have seen a technique that produced reasonable results using
the brick pattern (though I've never used it). There's a tutorial at
http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/raytrace/bricks.html covering something
similar. I don't know if that technique is worth exploring.