POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 13:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 18 Dec 2008 14:30:10
Message: <494aa4c1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Sure, there are about 25,000 Mahjong clones for Linux. But how many
> large-scale games are there?

I personally *don't want one*. Large scale games are for people who have
time to spend exclusively on playing a game. I want games to play quickly
with no day-long storylines, and that use little enough CPU so I can play
them while waiting for a render to finish :)

I would like open-source versions of games like Bejeweled 2 (you've probably
heard of it) and Speedy Eggbert (an old platformer).