POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 13:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Dec 2008 12:33:25
Message: <494a8965@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> 	When you start any accounting, don't you have some initial funds to
> start with?

Yes. And they're balanced by an equal amount in the "we owe this much to the
lenders" and "we owe this much to the stockholders" accounts.

To be specific, double-entry bookkeeping has two columns of numbers (the
rows being accounts). Those two columns have to add up to the same number.
If you ever wind up with a positive difference, you're not doing it right.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)