POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Darren New
Date: 17 Dec 2008 12:07:34
Message: <494931d6$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> The language may be, but that doesn't mean the libraries are.  Building
> cross-platform applications using C# isn't very easy to do if things like
> Winforms aren't ported to the platforms in question.

Nah. You put a layer above it that abstracts out the OS-specific
information. It's no harder to build cross-platform applications in an OOP
language because of windowing than it is because of different file systems.
Java managed it. Tcl managed it. Nobody needs to run X on Windows to support
either of those.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)