POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 21:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 17 Dec 2008 10:54:50
Message: <494920ca$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> (Sorry, I couldn't resist.  You know, I think I've been biased by all
> those years hanging out with the anti-conformist, throw down the
> government and grow pot in your backyard Linux kids I used to know.  I've
> gotten so tired of all the BS they used to spout that any time MS does
> something right, I feel the need to go around and tell people "Guess what!
> You were wrong about them!"  I really have no problem with Linux on its
> own, I just don't think I'll be using it myself {at least until I give up
> Windows gaming... I thought I had when I got my Xbox, but then I went and
> bought a new graphics card so I've been playing all my old games on higher
> settings...}).

	Heh. I stopped hating Microsoft once I switched to Linux - for 2
reasons: 1. I no longer cared what idiotic things they did, it didn't
affect me any more. 2. I realized that Linux was a viable alternative,
and all those who whine should just switch to it (or Mac OS).

> Funny, the best financial app I've found is actually GnuCash.  But then, I
> don't like the attitude of "This is complicated, so we'll hide it from
> you."

	Gnucash is what I use, and it has matured quite a bit since I first
tried. But still, no (serious) budgeting capability.

--
BREAKFAST.COM Halted... Cereal Port Not Responding.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl