POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 09:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: scott
Date: 16 Dec 2008 09:42:50
Message: <4947be6a$1@news.povray.org>
> I find it amusing that some 3rd party firmware for my MP3 player works
> better than the firmware written by the people who designed and
> manufactured the player...

That's because a 3rd party doesn't have the pressure that every month they
spend developing the software is a month of sales lost...

At some point the OEM has to draw the line and release the product, ok so if
the software was better they would sell 20% more units, but if they waited
until the software was better they would sell 20% fewer units because better
alternatives would become available sooner in the product lifecycle.