POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bathtub - take 2 : Re: Bathtub - take 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bathtub - take 2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Dec 2008 08:17:20
Message: <4947aa60$1@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> Wasn't really referencing climate change, but I can see how one would
> interpret
> that.  That's the great thing about art, you can interpret any way it
> makes you
> feel whether the artist intended it or not.  Is more just a tub in a
> desert
> landscape from my developmental perspective, I hadn't really thought that
> deep.
> More of an desolation image, perhaps subconsiously derived from scenes
> from The
> Wall by Pink Floyd.

This scene is so composed that a multi-interpretation is possible, at this
stage anyway. That is an excellent concept. If you develop this further,
interpretations are going to change, maybe even narrow down to only one...
Curious to see where is is going to.

> The water is likely the same as I posted a long time ago as it is one that
> I am
> quite happy with: f_ridged_mf applied to a heightfield and use it quite
> often
> for water scenes with adjustments to suit (ie ripples added here,
> meticulously
> placed and added in using functions, my favourite POV feature).

Well, I was refering to the material you posted in november last year (13/11
to be exact, in a post by Kirk Andrews). It can be suited to all kinds of
situations  with all kinds of rippling surfaces of course.

Thomas