POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Curiosity : Re: Curiosity Server Time
30 Sep 2024 09:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curiosity
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Dec 2008 12:52:36
Message: <49469964@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Exactly - and you begin to realise how expensive, how many people, and
> how much time it takes to design something apparently simple like a
> mobile phone.  Then imagine designing something like a car, or a plane!

I've read that mobile phones are actually more complicated than commercial
jumbo jet airplanes. I don't know how that's measured, mind, but I'd be
willing to believe it. One rarely has to manage changing speed-of-light
calculations when driving a car or a plane.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)