POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moss texture : Re: Moss texture (2) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moss texture (2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Dec 2008 04:46:10
Message: <49438462@news.povray.org>
This is I believe, an improved version. By adding the substrate texture to
the basal moss and by using two texture maps (one for the basal moss, one
for the top moss, with an additional transparant component) I have brought
back the necessary instances of the object to two instead of three, the
second one slightly translated upwards.
By playing with the texture map settings it is possible to influence subtly
the aspect of the moss and the presence of bare surfaces.

Next stage is wrapping this up into a macro.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Moss_test_2.jpg' (134 KB)