POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:13:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Dec 2008 16:42:31
Message: <49418947$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:24:00 -0500, Tom Austin wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:27:30 -0500, Tom Austin wrote:
>>
>>> actually now that I've had more time to think about it, I was actually
>>> using initramfs which has settings to build and pack with the kernel
>>> image.  Made it very simple indeed.
>>
>> Oh, yeah, that definitely would make it simple.  :-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> What wasn't simple was figuring out that there was a problem with the
> the baud rate multiplier in my test setup.  I still don't understand the
> origins of it, but with a patch I got the gibberish turned into actual
> text.

That sounds similar to a problem that I've run into building Rockbox on
my iPod with serial support (the interface on the bottom of the iPod is
serial, from what I read, and any dock that adds functionality to the
iPod uses that as its interface) - apparently the highly experimental
serial driver doesn't always detect the baud rate correctly, and that can
create interesting problems.  I imagine the control channel looks very
much like gibberish. :-)

Jim