POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: scott
Date: 11 Dec 2008 08:19:00
Message: <49411344@news.povray.org>
>  Not really, because the linux kernel supports loadable modules. However,
> it does support drivers embedded in the kernel as well.

Yeh I figured that out by the end of reading your post, so what are the pros
and cons of loadable modules compared to drivers embedded in the kernel?  If
needing to install an embedded driver requires recompiling the kernel, why
not just use a module instead - wouldn't it be much quicker to install?