POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a seamless heightfield by GeoControl : a seamless heightfield by GeoControl Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  a seamless heightfield by GeoControl
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Dec 2008 05:17:13
Message: <4940e8a9@news.povray.org>
I thought I would share this info.

Playing around with the GeoControl height_field program, I experimented with
the "seamless" feature which I had not yet really used. The possibilities
are interesting. In POV-Ray, I built this test, either by rotating or by
flipping the base height_field generated by GeoControl. The result is a
landscape wich shows little repetitions that are too obvious for the eyes.
They are there of course, but more distributed over the whole surface. The
seams however, are really invisible, and that is excellent.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'HF_seamless_test.jpg' (58 KB)