POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 21:28:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Dec 2008 13:08:53
Message: <494005b5$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:54:46 -0500, Tom Austin wrote:

> You can say that again - I'm working on some embedded junk and the
> amount of stuff that's there is incredible.
>
> After fiddling around a bit I found initrd - something that a lot of
> linux systems use.  Pretty cool, especially if you are trying to set up
> an embedded system.

Yeah, it's quite handy.  I always thought it was kinda ironic, though,
that you could load initrd in order to load a required disk driver.
Kinda like on NetWare being able to start the system up but then needing
to load a disk driver to read the disk once the NW kernel is up and
running (but not exactly the same).

Jim