POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 19:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 9 Dec 2008 08:44:47
Message: <493e764f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> My God... it burns!! >_<

Only if you enable the burning support.

> Yeah, well... why bother supporting a platform that hardly anybody uses?
> *Clearly* it's more profitable to support only the most popular
> platforms. ;-)

Yep, that's kind of circle.

> That's why no Linux drivers, no Linux games, no Linux apps...

Hence no Linux gamers.

> (Yes, I realise there are a few of these now, but still not that many.
> Yet.)

Yep. Growing userbase on normal desktop applications have opened a
reason for eg. ATI and nVidia to start making Linux-drivers. So there'll
be more support, so there will be better chances to see games.

> Well, true, but I'm just saying most games target DirectX rather than
> OpenGL.

True, but even targetting OpelGL wouldn't be a saviour as long as
there's no supported hardware fast enough to shine in games.

-Aero