POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 17:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Dec 2008 23:41:15
Message: <493df6eb$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:09:30 -0800, Chambers wrote:

> [...]

Utter and complete nonsense.  Or are you still using the 1.x kernels?

If your kernel is configured for modules (which I think all the major
distributions are - embedded Linux tends to use compiled-in drivers
because it's embedded and the hardware shouldn't change - in which case
the KBs worth of savings are incredibly valuable), then this isn't a
problem.

Jim