POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 15:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 8 Dec 2008 20:23:06
Message: <493dc87a$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Try LFS, that'll really teach you a lot about linux, even if you don't
> get a bootable system.

	Ugh. You just reminded me of my nightmares with LFS. I didn't learn
much, and mostly copied & pasted the commands. Got it to work. Never
bothered to go forward with BLFS.

	LFS *is* good for learning. However, it and BLFS will probably suck
heavily if you want to use it as your primary system and maintain it.
That's what led me to Gentoo.

--
(Ice rocks hit the hull)  "Captain, we are being hailed."

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl