POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff : Re: Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 15:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling stuff
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 8 Dec 2008 17:54:35
Message: <493da5ab$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I really can't understand why some people seem to be constantly compiling
> the linux kernel.
>
>   Guess how many times I have compiled the linux kernel in my life.

Constantly - naah. But when running Red Hat ('bout 1998-2003 oslt) and
Debian ('bout 2001-2008) something (variating from time to time,
naturally) in the packet kernels has either been made differently than
I'd like or left to be undone at all.

And somehow while using Gentoo compiling also the kernel just makes
sense ;).

-Aero