POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Erosion in POV? : Re: Erosion in POV? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Erosion in POV?
From: William Tracy
Date: 6 Dec 2008 00:44:36
Message: <493a1144$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> I really wish some talented programmer would make a
> *freeware* terrain program that has an awesome erosion algorithm, *and*
> exports in the 16-bit grayscale format.

Google pulls up some interesting papers:
http://cgg-journal.com/2002-2/03/index.htm
http://oddlabs.com/download/terrain_generation.pdf

Alas, you'll need to find a hacker with more free time than me. Or
possibly offer me significant bribes to do this instead of the work I
should be doing. :-P

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it.
     -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, frequently mis-attributed to Voltaire