POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A wip [~110 kB] : Re: A wip [~110 kB] Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A wip [~110 kB]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Dec 2008 04:11:23
Message: <4938f03b$1@news.povray.org>
"Christian Froeschlin" <chr### [at] chrfrde> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> Thank you Stephen. Yes it looks like a painting, perhaps because the
>> image was built in two passes: one .hdr render for the sky (Abe Madey's
>> media clouds) which was subsequently projected on a sphere in the second
>> pass.
>
> I think it looks like a painting because it has some
> odd graininess to it, like the dark speckles. Also, the
> ripples are a bit reminiscent to brush effects.
>
> Is there a light source or just HDR and radiosity?

There is a light source (Sun) to make shadows more marked. With only the sky
and radiosity, the landscape is too washed out, so additionally, a black
screen is present behind the camera to block some of the luminosity coming
from the hidden part of the scene.

The dark speckle probably originate with low radiosity settings (testing).
Probably, in the final version, a finer aa will be necessary.

Thomas