POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ...ok, me too (100kb jpg) : Re: ...ok, me too (100kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ...ok, me too (100kb jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 1 Dec 2008 13:24:45
Message: <49342bed@news.povray.org>
Kirk Andrews wrote:
> stbenge <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> It might help that I used the fastProx2 macro to darken the pits and
>> cracks...
>
> Excellent image.  I'd love to learn how you do all this--like:  how did you make
> that heightfield?

Thanks Kirk. The height_field is really simple. It's just a pigment
function composed of two granite patterns stretched along the x & y
axes, using a pigment_map.

> Where can I find that fastProx2 macro?

I should warn you that it won't work with meshes and other objects you
can't make inside() tests with. Height_fields are okay. It's part of my
fastprox.inc file which also contains some SSS macros (these will work
with any object, and may be useful for obtaining directional proximity
patterns).

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C489f4610%40news.povray.org%3E/

> What kind of
> compositing are you doing?

I use Rune's illusion.inc file which lets you place an image into a
scene based on the camera view. I do this with the beta version of POV,
because it supports the .hdr format. I will explain my method in more
detail later; I'm in a hurry!

Sam