POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ...ok, me too (100kb jpg) : Re: ...ok, me too (100kb jpg) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ...ok, me too (100kb jpg)
From: stbenge
Date: 27 Nov 2008 15:45:53
Message: <492f0701@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> In fact, just a little item missing in the foreground, which the figure
> seems to be looking at. And maybe a bit more detail in the surface of the
> ground.

Yeah, that ground needs more work. Maybe I can get away with adding a
few pebbles and an object of interest. (my gf suggested a flower) I
might not have to re-render the whole thing, as I used compositing
techniques to speed up the focal blur+radiosity rendering.

> Your height_field is superb. Can tell? maybe, but those typical height_field
> thingies are used here very effectively to texture the outcrop.

It might help that I used the fastProx2 macro to darken the pits and
cracks...

> And I agree with Bill. Superb indeed.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention in my original post that I had to use HDR
images instead of PNGs for the compositing. There was no other way!

Sam