POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : No new images for 5 days? : Re: No new images for 5 days? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No new images for 5 days?
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Nov 2008 11:15:47
Message: <492ec7b3$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot escreveu:
> "nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
>> Well, I did the one below in the last couple days.  Not pov, though.
>>

> <pun>
> that looks like somebody complaining about the absence of new POV-ray beta
> releases  :-)
> </pun>

You're very astute. :)

> Nice work. Nor Pov, then what?

Blender.  I did it for a speed modelling contest (in a primarily 3DSMax
web forum), though nobody voted on it:

http://www.tresd1.com.br/viewtopic.php?t=42866

Afterwards, I got it a little better, with larger teeth.

Despite looking very simple, I had some rough time with those lips,
teeth (extruded from a bunch of edges from the lower lip) and getting
the eyes look right (still kinda small compared to drawn goombas).  I
learned a lot from it -- my first finalized mesh model! -- but at the
time I did not yet knew about how to quickly select edge loops and
rings, nor about edge sliding.  It's much easier now that I know about
it. :)

The renderer is blender internal itself, with AO and the single standard
lamp.  I did box modelling.

At least, I got a cool avatar! XD