POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : where is the next beta? : Re: where is the next beta? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: where is the next beta?
From: Alain
Date: 26 Nov 2008 11:21:55
Message: <492d77a3$1@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly nous illumina en ce 2008-11-25 20:49 -->
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> POVray is a project developed by people in their spare time, by and
>> large.  Life happens.
>>
>>> not really happy.
>>
>> Use the released version, then.  It's not like it's a secret that the
>> betas are timebombed (and just a hint, if you read the forums a bit
>> more, you can find out how to extend the beta without messing with
>> your clock).
>>

> My interpretation isn't that the original poster is complaining about
> how the developers aren't working hard enough.  I think he's complaining
> that the beta expires before another is available.  Sure, there's an
> esoteric way to get around the expiration.  But it all seems a bit silly
> for the deadline to be so much shorter than the beta release cycle.
>
> Personally, I think the expiration time should just be boosted up.
>
> Easy enough:
> source/backend/povray.h:#define EXPIRE_AT       (1225490400)
>
> Dan

In what way does waiting a few second and clicking a "Prolong" button is
"esotheric"?
No need to fiddle with your system clock.
NO need to recompile.

Yes! The current betas do have an inbuilt extention option. The only thing, is
that you agree to NOT file a bug report after you have used that option.

--
Alain
  Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so