POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : where is the next beta? : Re: where is the next beta? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: where is the next beta?
From: Dan Connelly
Date: 25 Nov 2008 20:49:11
Message: <492cab17@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> POVray is a project developed by people in their spare time, by and
> large.  Life happens.
>
>> not really happy.
>
> Use the released version, then.  It's not like it's a secret that the
> betas are timebombed (and just a hint, if you read the forums a bit more,
> you can find out how to extend the beta without messing with your clock).

My interpretation isn't that the original poster is complaining about how the
developers aren't working hard enough.  I think he's complaining that the beta expires
before another is available.  Sure, there's an esoteric way to get around the
expiration.  But it all seems a bit silly for the deadline to be so much shorter than
the beta release cycle.

Personally, I think the expiration time should just be boosted up.

Easy enough:
source/backend/povray.h:#define EXPIRE_AT       (1225490400)

Dan