POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Villa WIP 2 : Re: Villa WIP 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Villa WIP 2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Nov 2008 03:40:09
Message: <491d3969$1@news.povray.org>
I think you are on the right track. Much has been said already, so I won't
repeat. Just a remark though, about the wall texture. The vertical gradient
is nice but too pronounced imo. I would prefer a more suble change or, in
other words, shades of plaster that are closer together. The underlying
stonework needs also some attention. Presently it is not clear what it
consists of: bricks? stones? the boundaries look very diffuse.

You grass macro works well for the distance but less so for the foreground.

However, good work Kirk. I like this scene very much.

Thomas