POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta29 isosurface badly broken : Re: Beta29 isosurface badly broken Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta29 isosurface badly broken
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Nov 2008 00:51:56
Message: <491d11fc$1@news.povray.org>
I suspected letting it be defaults might be the problem so I gave this a try
and 3.7 beta doesn't show a message about isosurface 'max_gradient' but when
I checked using 3.6 I found it wanted the number to be 2.217 instead of a
default of 1.1 and putting that larger number in fixed the isosurface cone
for me.
I haven't followed what is supposed to happen about this particular warning
message. Yet to be added, or is missing by mistake (am doubting that).
Got to be careful that tested SDL is adequately correct, comparative with
earlier or non-beta POV as Warp said. It's easy to put something through
these betas and "expect" something without it really being okay in the first
place.  ;^)