POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Villa WIP 2 : Re: Villa WIP 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Villa WIP 2
From: Warp
Date: 13 Nov 2008 14:53:02
Message: <491c859e@news.povray.org>
There's something in there which makes the whole thing look like a
miniature rather than a full-scale building. I think it's a combination
of several things.

  Firstly, if we assumed the building is of full size, the grass would
be composed of huge details. Grass usually doesn't look like that at the
intended scale. It really makes the building to look like a miniature.

  Another thing which I think adds to the impression of the whole thing
being a miniature is that the grass looks like made of some artificial
fabric, rather than consisting of grass blades. Perhaps the trees look a
bit artificial in that same way as well.

  It's not clear what the structure in the center of the patio is
supposed to be, but if the building is supposed to be natural-scale,
that structure is huge. If we compare it to the doorways around, the
structure would be about twice as tall as an adult man, if not even
taller. Ok, maybe this is intentional, but it's really not clear what
the purpose of this structure is. Is it a huge water fountain?
Regardless (and this is just my opinion), it looks a bit out-of-scale
compared to the surrounding building.

  Maybe this *is* supposed to be a miniature, after all? If that's the
case, then it works as that quite well.