POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Christmas lights : Christmas lights Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Christmas lights
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 11 Nov 2008 18:51:10
Message: <491a1a6e@news.povray.org>
Basically, just a colored glass bottle with Megapov glows (one colored, one
white) along with a Povray lightsource.  The base kinda sucks on close
inspection, but for my scene, the camera will not be nearly this close.  It
also uses the familiar kitchen probe for HDRI lighting.  Depending on the
light model used, I had to adjust the intensity of the glows.  They are
several times brighter here in rather dim HDRI than was necessary in a
standard povray lighting environment.

Overall, I'm rather pleased with the result.  :-)  Now it's time to begin
adding them to my scene.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Bulb.JPG' (35 KB)