POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shop Items Take 2 : Re: Shop Items Take 2 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shop Items Take 2
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 9 Nov 2008 04:21:25
Message: <4916ab95$1@news.povray.org>
"William Tracy" <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote in message
> The textures on the jugs and the wooden tabletop are screaming for
> stronger antialiasing. That said, this looks pretty good.

ah ... yes since it's still a WIP I used method 1 depth 0.3. better AA is
planned for the final run.

> I'm impressed by how you used the media; once most people decide that
> they're willing to dedicate the extra render time to scattering media,
> tend to crank it waaay up to make sure that you notice it. Your use is
> delightfully subtle. At first I wasn't even sure that you were using media
> at all--I just felt that there was something "right" about the lighting
> that I couldn't put my finger on.

besides scattering I used a little absorption to cancel out the bluish tint
from the window and a little emission for it's final color .... btw: it took
almost 12 hrs for this render.

> Good show. :-)

Hey thanks!

 Jim