POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : something strange outside... : Re: something strange outside... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something strange outside...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 Nov 2008 08:54:00
Message: <490db0f8$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht

> The cell phone woman IS excellent.  Funny Thomas, my reaction was
> different, I thought the 'posing' was one of the strengths here, it seems
> to capture that slightly odd look of people caught unawares in a snapshot.

What I mean is that the different people seem not to be doing what people on
a street tend to do as a majority: walking purposefully towards a goal (even
if they don't have one). I get the impression that these people have been
taken from a different "environment" and dumped on the sidewalk. Now, as I
said, I may be biased because I know how the figures came to be, but still,
I keep an unconfortable out of place feeling.
However, the posing is excellent in itself!

Thomas