POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : something strange outside... : Re: something strange outside... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something strange outside...
From: andrel
Date: 2 Nov 2008 17:42:14
Message: <490E2D1A.9000104@hotmail.com>
On 31-Oct-08 17:32, Jim Charter wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>
>> For some reason, the billboard effect is a tiny bit less convincing in
>> this scene, perhaps because one knows about it now... Or because the
>> poses themselves are not entirely in accordance with street life (with
>> the exception of the woman with the cell phone).
>
> The cell phone woman IS excellent.

Interesting to see so much different opinions on one simple part. To me
the cell phone woman looks like a cardboard, IMHO there is something
wrong with the aspect ratio. Most notably in the upper part of the
figure. I might be biased by knowledge, but when I first read the
comment all that remained was that the foreground people were not
cardboard. After deciding that also the phone woman looked like
cardboard I reread and saw Rob mentioned the foreground *couple*.

Question to Rob: are all cardboards perpendicular to the line of sight?
and if not did you stretch the images to correct for that angle?