POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cracks : Re: Cracks Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cracks
From: Alain
Date: 28 Oct 2008 19:07:56
Message: <49079b4c$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell nous illumina en ce 2008-10-27 19:42 -->
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>> beautiful.  really got no clue how you did it.  supposing you are
>> differencing meshs
>
> Correct! I'm using a wedge-sectioned disc perturbed like a heightfield to make
> the cuts. It parses and renders very quickly. I'm sure it's also possible with
> isosurfaces but I can't immediately see how without vast cunning and
> max_gradients. Once I've put it to use and polished it a little I'll probably
> upload the macro to the object collection.
>
> :)

if you want tu use some isosurfaces, it may better to use CSG differences rather
than try to use a single isosurface.
Like substracting the cracks from the isosurface.
difference{
	isosurface{.....}//main object
	object{Crack1}
	object{Crack2}
	}

--
Alain
Database administrators do it with their relations