POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : something strange outside... : Re: something strange outside... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something strange outside...
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 Oct 2008 08:45:11
Message: <49070957$1@news.povray.org>
RobF wrote:

> I've been experimenting with rendering crowds. This scene contains about 500
> people.

I usually don't like renders with poser figures or similar
as they always look somewhat artificial to me, but as a forest
-um- I mean *crowd* they seem quite convincing. It rocks ;)

The placement may yet be a little too random, usually there
are groups of people belonging together in a crowd, closer to
each other and with similar level of dress code, or "lanes"
formed by people tending to follow other people which are
going in the same direction.

Also, most people on the street are not out there to pose
and usually have some sort of bag with them. Just looked out
of the window to confirm that ;)

Do the meshes need to be used as imported or it is possible
to make some basic pose parametrization in SDL?