POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eva sails away : Re: Eva sails away Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eva sails away
From: William Tracy
Date: 26 Oct 2008 15:46:37
Message: <4904c91d$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Gee, man!  The render time was already 72 hours for quite low resolution, let
> alone with higher blur_samples.

Aren't I a bastard? ;-)

I look at the shoreline in the extreme foreground, and I see random blue
and green pixels sprinkled around, which bugs me. With higher samples,
you'll get more of a smooth gradient.

Another option would be to tweak the aperture, reducing the amount of
blur, and reducing the number of samples needed to eliminate the grain.

Then again, some people are fine with the grain. You decide whether the
render time is worthwhile. :-)

BTW, now that you mention it, what hardware is this running on?

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

(10:16:43 PM) Ryuho: but they are physically turned off
(10:16:58 PM) Ryuho: so you can't connect to them right now
(10:16:58 PM) DanaG: I wonder if you could ssh-tunnel wake-on-lan packets.
     -- seen on #cplug