POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eva sails away : Eva sails away Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Eva sails away
From: Arttu Voutilainen
Date: 25 Oct 2008 17:17:48
Message: <49038cfc@news.povray.org>
I have been working on this image since summer, and now, after 73 hours
of rendering, it's finally ready enough to be posted here.

I guess I have to render still another version, as there are some
problems with this one: for example, I have no idea what causes the
white lines on the sails. It is due to fog-media, but I don't now why.
POV3.7b29 makes them white, with 3.6 they are more brown but still visible.

Another problem is the water: I had cool waves but focal blur did
something bad to them.. I'll have to fix that too.

But, before I render this in full size, I would like to hear any
comments and critics you guys have. With lots media, trees, grass,
radiosity and focal blur, this one takes lots of time to render
(95:54:47 Rendering line 91 of 720, 67276 rad. samples on zbxt.net) so I
would like to make it as good as I can before I wait some months for it
to render :P

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stage_00585.png' (328 KB)