POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : In Xanadu : Re: In Xanadu Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In Xanadu
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Oct 2008 10:44:22
Message: <490330c6@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
news:hdp5g4thehvl3bugcf0ij6bdi7bb3qcnri@4ax.com...

> I think so. I imagine that you would need to construct a mesh with several
> parts
> so that you could give them different densities for their springiness.
> Computing
> time - through the roof :)

Ideally, for the palm tree, you would need well-defined meshes for the frond
ribs and the leaves attached to them, to give them different elastic
properties. In itself that is not too difficult to achieve, even by hand,
but computing time indeed......

> Do you think that we will have Quantum PovRay by 2015?

Between 2015 and 2020, definitely! I just consulted my private
clairvoyante....  :-)

Thomas